Certified TSE obligation
Always on the safe side
Last deadline on 31/12/22!
Since 1 January 2020, all cash registers must be fitted with a certified technical security device (TSE). What does this mean at all? A TSE is a security device for signing documents and storing digital records as required by law. Possible storage media include microSD cards, USB flash drives or cloud solutions. There are also technical security devices that can be used in a local network by multiple POS systems. If you do not protect a recording system or do not protect it properly with a TSE, the law provides for a fine of €25,000.
Existing cash register systems must be retrofitted with a technical security device if this retrofitting is technically possible in principle due to the design. If retrofitting is not possible and other requirements are met, the devices may continue to be used until the end of 2022.
The following Vectron POS systems can be retrofitted with a technical security device:
- Vectron POS Mini II
- Vectron POS Vario II
- Vectron POS Touch 12
- Vectron POS Touch 12 II
- Vectron POS Touch 15
- Vectron POS Touch 15 II
- Vectron POS MobilePro II
- Vectron POS MobilePro III
- Vectron POS PC
- Vectron POS Touch 15 II Wide
- Vectron POS Touch 14 Wide
- Vectron POS SteelTouch II
- Vectron POS 7
- Vectron POS 7 Mini
- VECTRON POS M4
The last TSE deadline is 31.12.22 From then on, cash registers that cannot be upgraded with a TSE due to their design and were purchased between November 25, 2010, and January 1, 2020 may no longer be operated. Vectron POS systems that cannot be retrofitted:
- Vectron POS SteelTouch
- Vectron POS Mini (64 Bit)
- Vectron POS Vario
- Vectron POS ColorTouch (64 Bit)
- Vectron POS Modular
- Vectron POS MobilePro
- Vectron POS MobileXL
- Vectron POS MobilePad
There are many reasons for choosing the Vectron solution:
- Security: A non-certified technical security device, e.g. in the case of a cloud TSE for IOS systems, is not a sufficient security solution. (See here: Stellungnahme Landesamt für Steuern Niedersachsen)
- Field-tested: the hardware TSE is already mature today, as it has been in use since the end of 2019.
- Availability: The hardware TSE solution by Vectron is quickly available via our retail partners.
- Reliability: Not dependant on a stable Internet connection. The hardware TSE solution can even be permanently deployed completely offline.
- Increased data security: The data of the technical security device is available both locally on the hardware TSE and as a backup copy in the cloud (e.g. by means of the myVectron digital package).
Are the TSE Vectron uses certified?
Yes, the Swissbit TSE for the Vectron POS systems are certified by the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). This has enabled us to deliver over 60,000 technical security devices to our dealers since December 2019. We currently provide hardware security devices in the form of a microSD card or a USB flash drive.
A Technical Security Device has the following essential functions:
- Any data can be assigned a number, time information and an electronic signature, stored in the TSE and exported summarised in a file on request.
- Security module: It performs the essential security functions (generating signatures, keeping transaction counters, etc.).
- Storage medium: Used to store the data stored within the technical security device.
- Digital interface: This refers to the standardised interface for the data to be checked.
Vectron Systems AG does not assume any liability for the correctness and completeness of this information. All data and information do not constitute legal advice or tax advice. For binding clarification of corresponding legal and/or tax questions, please contact your lawyer or tax advisor.